Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Freak Out!

When I first found out about the 7 uglies: Coal Tar Colors (D&C, FD&C), Diethanolamine (DEA), Formaldehyde (aka: DMDM Hydantoin, Diazolidinal Urea, Quaternium-15, Bronopol), Lead Acetate, Mercury, Pthalates, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), that they all cause cancer when applied to the skin and are all commonly found in personal care products, I freaked out.  I went through everything in my bathroom and kitchen, getting rid of products containing these chemicals.

My best advice to you, is not to freak out about the fact that many products you use contain cancer causing & other health negating chemicals.  Don't get rid of everything you are using right away.  Slowly, phase them out of your house, replacing each empty bottle with a product not containing these harmful chemicals.  Remember to use common sense and make an educated decision on what products to buy/use.  Look at products individually.  If a product has mostly natural ingredients with one "bad" chemical, I might allow it into my medicine cabinet if the product performs well.

Organyx by Rachel Anne: 100% Organic Cotton Clothing

Helping to make a change toward a healthier lifestyle!

1 comment:

  1. After reading much more of your bog, I have decided that I must become a follower. You inspire me and write about the things that I write about only u write much more ;) I think that my followers would love your blog and it would be a tragedy if I didn't have your link on my blog. So.. I am going to do that unless you disagree.
    www.herbanchica.blogspot.com
    www.silybumherbal.com
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete